Skip to content

Beginning

The first conversation

The first conversation is exploratory. It is an opportunity to understand the question you are facing and whether I can contribute something useful.

There is no obligation to proceed.

What we may discuss

The conversation

  • the decision or strategic question
  • why it matters now
  • the relevant context
  • who carries responsibility for the decision
  • where uncertainty or disagreement exists
  • what kind of independent contribution would be useful

If I believe I can contribute meaningfully, I will suggest an appropriate next step.

If the question requires expertise outside my scope, I will say so.

The first conversation is not the Strategic Decision Review itself. Enquiries about a board mandate have their own form.

Request

Request a first conversation

Discretion begins before the conversation. A short outline lets me consider fit, possible conflicts and the right preparation first.

Step 1 of 2About you

Alternatively, write directly to byland@awg.ch.

All enquiries are treated personally and with discretion.